Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and discussing treatment options with Drs. Heggland and Lawrence. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and consultation appointment, followed by a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms, including a current copy of your insurance card. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- We also ask that you bring a current photo id (driver’s license, state issued id, or school id)so we can keep a copy of it in your records. New federal laws mandate that we do this as part of our identity theft prevention program. We take very seriously the protection of your health and identity information, and follow these standards strictly.
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at each visit.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink six hours prior to your surgery.
- You will also need a responsible adult escort with you. We ask that your escort remain in our reception area during your treatment, and then drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility using our state-of-the-art three dimensional CT scan imaging system.